On June 20, 2016, Gloucester County proudly opened and welcomed all to view it’s very first Tall Pine State Reserve Park. This beautiful breathtaking 110-acre park located along the borough of Wenonah is not only the home of a plethora of white pines, oaks, maples and dogwoods, but also consist of hundreds of recreational activities such as fishing, hiking and much more! Read more
The township of Mantua would like to give a special honor to these four outstanding students who competed in the 2016 Mantua Township Historical Commission Essay Contest. These talented fifth graders visited the Mantua Township Historical Museum to learn more about the history of their community. They each subsequently entered into an essay-writing contest sponsored by Mantua Township Historical Commission where they were to write about our town’s history. Following an impartial review of all the contest entries, these four students’ essays were adjudged of sufficient focus, insight and overall quality. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK & FOR BEING THE 2016 MANTUA TOWNSHIP HISTORICAL COMMISSION ESSAY CONTEST WINNERS!
FIRST PLACE WINNER: ADAM BATHURST
SECOND PLACE WINNER: GRACE CAPELLI
THIRD PLACE WINNER: MOIRA McGINTY & TATUM GAWRYSIAK
Throughout the mosquito season, the Mosquito Control Division receives and responds to request from County residents, schools business and organizations – (856) 307-6400, Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Requests for Services
All Farmland Assessment Applications are to be submitted by the landowner at our Clayton Office by August 1, 2016. The August 1st filing date is a statutory deadline mandated by the Division of Taxation, in accordance with the Farmland Assessment Act pursuant to Read more
Mantua Township is proud to announce that our very own Clearview Regional High School graduate, Brenna Weick was crowned Miss New Jersey 2016! Brenna Weick won the title Saturday night at the Ocean City Music Pier, beating out 29 other contestants. The 22-year-old Mantua resident had competed in the pageant with her platform consisting of raising awareness about cyber bullying. Weick’s amazing win will allow her to represent the Garden State in the Miss America pageant, which will be held Sept. 11 in Atlantic City. Congratulations Brenna all of Mantua is rooting for you!
- Project Medicine Drop– The Mantua Township Police Department participates in “Project Medicine Drop”, which is a program where “prescription drug boxes” are installed at participating New Jersey Police departments.Residents or non-residents can drop off unused and/or expired medications safely, securely, and anonymously. It is available seven days per week,
- Child Safety Seat Installation The Police Department has two officers trained in the inspection and proper installation of child safety seats who are available to anyone, township resident or not, who has a question or requests assistance on the proper installation of a child safety seat.
- Bulk Trash Bulk Trash is residential household waste. This refers to waste that is generated by the residents of the household. This DOES NOT include the structure and/or the outside structure, storm damage, remodeling or ANY construction debris. Old furniture may be placed at the curb with your trash on bulk week.
- Zero- Tolerance Policy on Littering The Township recently installed new road signs that state” TAKE PRIDE, this is MANTUA TOWNSHIP”, in hopes that the local residents and even those who travel throughout the town will think twice about throwing trash on the side of the roads.
- New Cell Phone Law Effective July 1, 2014, the fines for talking or texting on a hand-held wireless communications device will increase. First time offenders will face a fine of at least $200.
- How to Report a Street Light Out Atlantic City Electric services more than 80,000 street lights throughout South Jersey. We believe street and area lights are an important community safety feature. We thank you for taking the time to make us aware of problems that may include lights that are out, flickering or that have been damaged. Specific information that you can provide regarding the location, address, pole number of the light will help our field personnel make repairs.
- Mantua Township Police Department Communicates with our Residents In an effort to better communicate with the residents of Mantua Township, the Police Department has started using a communications system that allows residents to receive information ranging from critical alerts to community news.